If so, you need to consult with a Massachusetts attorney who specializes in defending people accused of driving on a suspended driver's license, immediately.
First Offense Penalties
• A fine of not less than $500 nor more than $1,000, and/or
• Imprisonment for not more than 10 days
Subsequent Offense Penalties
• A fine of not less than $500 nor more than $5,000, and/or
• Imprisonment for not less than 60 days nor more than 1 year
It is possible that you were driving because you were unaware that your license had been suspended, or perhaps there was an emergency and you were on your way to the hospital. Whatever the reason, driving without a license is illegal and now that you have been caught, you need an attorney who specializes in this specific offense. A criminal defense lawyer or suspended driver's license attorney will help you dispose of your case and get your license back.
Common Reasons for the Suspension of a Driving License
• A conviction for a DUI/OUI
• A conviction for a hit and run
• Failure to appear in court
• Failure to pay child support
• Too many points on your driver's license
• Refusing a breathalyzer test
• Fraudulent use of or application for a license
• Attempting to flee from an officer
• Failure to pay a fine
• Conviction for a drug offense
A revoked or suspended license can follow you around the country because states exchange information. All revoked licenses need to be resolved in the state in which they happened, and you will usually be required to attend court in the state in which you lost your license.
Believing that you never received notice that your license was suspended is simply not enough. You need to contact an attorney who is experienced in dealing with suspended licenses to ensure you clear up any misunderstanding and begin the process of reclaiming your driving license.
“Dear Elliot, I would like to sincerely congratulate you for today’s success in court. I was impressed by your professionalism. I will definitely recommend your services. Be blessed.”H.M.
Reinstating your Suspended Driver’s License
There are many strategies that can be employed to reclaim your license. For example, if you were not given the opportunity for a Clerk’s Hearing (Show Cause Hearing), then we may be able to get the charges dismissed in court in front of a judge. I have successfully helped many clients get their licenses reinstated, and I can help you, too.
Get in Touch with Attorney Elliot Savitz Now
Speak directly to Elliot by calling (781) 326-2700 for a free consultation or fill out the form below.