Legal Advice

Outstanding Warrants


Sometimes you or a loved one may get in trouble with the law. You don’t know what to do. Perhaps you are not being charged with a new crime, but you find that you have an outstanding warrant from a case many years ago. You may not even remember what the case was about, or you could have thought it was resolved. Perhaps you didn’t pay some outstanding fine or restitution or probation fee. The only thing you know for sure is that you cannot renew your license or you are about to lose your social security benefits. What do you do? The answer is simple: get legal advice.

Restraining Orders

It could be that your spouse, boyfriend, girlfriend or roommate is taking out a restraining order against you, and you didn’t do anything wrong. Perhaps your spouse has found someone else and wants you out of the picture. Maybe you married someone who is not an American, and he/she wants to stay in the country, but without you. What if you met someone with children, they moved into your house, and now they want to force you out? That person may have fabricated a story, such as you were physically abusive or they were concerned by the threat of immediate physical harm, and now you find a restraining order has been filed against you. The restraining order is not a criminal prosecution; it is civil. However, once it is in place, it will be on your probation record, and if you violate it in any way, he/she can take out criminal charges on you for violation of an abuse order. That is a criminal offense and can put you in jail. If you are in a panic and don’t know what to do, get legal advice.

Suspension and/or Expulsion

Perhaps you are in college or high school, and the school is threatening you with a suspension, or even worse, an expulsion. Not only may the suspension or expulsion appear on your school record, but you may not be able to enroll in another school. Perhaps you did nothing wrong or got into an argument with a roommate or friend and there was a little pushing or shoving. Perhaps you had a small amount of marijuana with you at school, but the school has a zero tolerance policy. There may not be any criminal charges, but the consequences are devastating. If you don’t know what to do, get legal advice.

Larceny by Check

You may have gone shopping and written a personal check for the merchandise. You didn’t know you had insufficient funds in your account. Perhaps you had deposited a check that bounced or some service charge has put you in the negative, or perhaps you thought you could cover it in time, but an emergency arose. Now the store is threatening to bring you to court for larceny by check, which is a criminal offense. If you find yourself in this situation, don’t delay; get legal advice immediately. The longer you leave it, the worse it gets.


Driving Uninsured or Unregistered

Is it the case that you forgot to make a payment on your car insurance and now your insurance and registration have been cancelled? You are stopped by the police and could be charged with driving uninsured or unregistered. Your car is being towed, and you are left standing on the side of the road. You have never been in trouble with the law and can’t afford to have a criminal record. On top of that, there’s the potential for you to lose your job, and you just don’t know what to do. You need legal advice.


In all of these cases, and in thousands more, you are panicked and just don’t know where to start. Well, the best place to start is to call me, ATTORNEY ELLIOT SAVITZ, at (781) 326-2700. At NO COST TO YOU, I will quickly assess your situation, explain the likely consequences of your crime, and describe how I can help you.
I am a graduate of M.I.T. and BU School of Law. I am a highly respected criminal defense lawyer from a Boston Law Firm, and can put your mind at ease.




I am available 24/7.

Other Legal Cases: Restraining Orders | School Suspension, Expulsion, and Academic Probation | Warrants


“Dear Mr. Savitz, Thank you for helping us out with our son last Tuesday. We were grateful to have your guidance and expertise on our side, and I think the outcome was fair. It was a pleasure to meet you despite the unfortunate circumstances. Best regards.”

H & F

Call us at (781) 326-2700 or fill out the contact form below.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
One of my clients said this:

"I just wanted to thank you one more time for everything you have done for me and my family. I am so fortunate to have met such an understanding and caring person. The past few years have been a living hell and I cannot tell you how much it meant to me to have you standing by my side the entire time. Your selflessness and generosity have not gone unnoticed and I owe you a debt that can never be re-paid. If there is anything I can ever do for you, please let me know. Again, I thank you and I couldn’t have chosen a better attorney."
5 / 5 stars 
Copyright 2020 Elliot Savitz. All rights reserved.