Immigration Law
Home/Law Services/Immigration Law

Immigration Law

Spousal/Family and Fiancée Visas

These visas are for citizens or residents of another country with a relative in the United States over the age of twenty-one, who is willing to sponsor his/her relative to come to the United States. For purposes of this visa, a relative is defined as a husband, wife, son, daughter, brother or sister. Both U.S. Citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents, also known as Green Card holders, can sponsor relatives.

Fiancée Visas are for those persons who are engaged to be married. The U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident sponsors his/her Fiancée to come to the United States, and they must be married within ninety days of arrival. Once married, the person is deemed to be a relative and can apply for Lawful Permanent Resident Status.

Employment Visas

These visas are for individuals wishing to work in the United States either on a temporary or permanent basis. A U.S. employer will hire a foreign national and sponsor his/her visa petition. The process is generally broken down into three stages. The first is the labor certification process, the second is the immigration petition and the third is the embassy or consular interview. The exact nature of the application varies based on the visa.

Student Visas

These visas are for individuals wishing to come to the United States to study. While this visa is most commonly used by students attending four-year colleges, it is also available to those who wish to attend two-year colleges or community colleges, trade or vocational schools or primary or secondary schools. Depending on the course of study you are enrolled in, it may be possible to seek employment while attending school.

Investor Visas

These visas are for individuals who wish to establish or purchase a business in the United States that will employ U.S. Citizens.

Veterans of the U.S. Military Visas

These visas are for anyone who has served in the U.S. Military and received an Honorable Discharge. If you have served in any branch of the U.S. Military and received an Honorable Discharge, you are entitled to a Lawful Permanent Resident Status as a matter of law.

Removal Proceedings

These are the proceedings where someone is brought into Immigration Court, known officially as the Executive Office for Immigration Review, to determine if the individual has violated U.S. immigration laws and if this individual will be allowed to remain in the United States.





Call (781) 619-3147 & Take the 1st Step to Developing a Winning Strategy.